LilySlim Exercise days tickers

LilySlim Exercise days tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Staying Strong & Positive =)

I am so so proud of myself for making it through all my classes as of Friday. If you have read my last post, I was really contemplating on taking Friday off to let my chest heal after my biopsy on Thursday, but I made the decision end of day to attend my usual 6:30pm class.

Day 43: 6:30pm w/Nafisa

It was a big challenge since I still felt pretty wounded and stretching my chest seemed like something I should avoid. However, I just took it one posture at a time and persevered thru class. The energy in class was amazing and even with my minor handicap, I felt like this was a very very strong class for me. It was a great feeling to end class knowing that I did it and that I'll still be able to participate in the "New You" given that I make up the one class that I'm behind.

Day 44: 8am w/Bernadette, Day 45: 8am w/Christian, & Day 46: 4:30pm w/Val

All of the above classes were pretty strong classes and my practice remains strong. I know you all must be tired of me saying that, but it is true. Classes have been pretty good overall and it seems like I haven't had a bad class. It could be because my mind set is a bit different. I can't really explain it, but ever since I've surrendered to my idea of perfection in this challenge, a bad class doesn't seem as bad as before and I somehow still think those classes are pretty strong. I am enjoying this feeling and it sort of motivates me to go to class each day. I now attend each class with ease instead of dread and it's amazing!!!!

As I am writing this post, I noticed that my day count and overall class count is off. I'm an accountant by day and can't seem to figure out what went wrong =P Anyhow, I'm just gonna stop trying to figure out what went wrong. All I know is that I have completed 47 classes as of yesterday, March 19th. I now have 13 more classes to go in the next 12 days. Looking forward to the end, yet I'll really miss this challenge =X

Side note: It was beyond sweet to have Sundar, fellow yogi, tell me last Friday that he read my last blog post and to offer to keep me company for my pending double if needed. I am seriously amazed at how loving and giving yogi/yoginis are at BikPas. I couldn't have chosen a better studio to have stumble upon back in 2005. I love BikPas and can't imagine a better home <3

Btw....here's a pic of the lucky charms that I said I needed on my last post courtesy of my Papa. Hope they'll help!

3 comments:

  1. awww that is really sweet of Sundar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, that is so sweet of Sundar and your dad too. Lemme know what double you do and if it's on the last day of the Challenge I'll join in! I can't do it this weekend, I'll be up visiting family in WA state.... So proud of you for staying strong and attending class right after the biopsy and your amazing attitude -- you ROCK girl!!! You should really feel good right now -- you're gonna finish this Challenge and you've really inspired us all with how strong you've stayed in your practice despite all that you've been through....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to see you in Val's class on Monday, too bad we can't practice together. You and I just never cross path each other. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete